- 1 can of tomato basil sauce (or homemade)
- Grilled veggies (I used eggplant, zucchini, bell peppers)
- 1 onion
- Cashew sauce (my recipe here)
- Ground rosemary
- Gluten-free breadcrumbs
Hellooo! So today it’s time for my second savory recipe, hoping to help you in your search for gluten- and dairy-free ideas for the holidays menu.
This one is just as easy as my baked creamy pasta, because, you know, I have deep respect for my laziness at Christmas too.
So here’s how you make it:
- you can grab a can/jar of pre-made tomato basil sauce or if you are in the mood for quickly making it from scratch like I did: grab a can of tomato sauce and throw in a clove of garlic, 2 tablespoon of olive oil, salt to taste and a few leaves of fresh basil or half teaspoon of dried basil and let it all simmer for 20-30 minutes
- in the meanwhile pick the veggies you prefer, slice them pretty thin and grill them. I used eggplant, zucchini and a yellow bell pepper, but you could use others, pumpkin for instance. Or leafy greens too, like chard or cabbage, so you won’t even need to grill them
- slice the red onion
- prepare the cashew sauce, recipe here
- now you can start piling up all the ingredients in a baking pan. I made a thin layer of tomato sauce first, then on with the veggies, so a layer of eggplant, layer of tomato sauce again, cashew sauce, onion slices, pinch of ground rosemary and up up this way till you have used all the ingredients. On the top, some glutenfree breadcrumbs, pinch of ground rosemary and of paprika
- now into the pre-heated oven, 200°C / 390°F for a good 30-40 minutes
I think this recipe makes a super tasty dish on its own, but it is just as great as a side dish too.
If you give this a try, let me know in the comments 😉
I’ll meet you here again next week, because it will be dessert time. And chocolate will be involved. You’ve been warned.