Hello again my sweeties!
Between work and trying to spend more of my free time outdoor, while looking forward to my short summer break, I haven’t been able to post as much as I’d like and should.
BUT, I have committed to post the recipe for these gluten free, vegan ice cream sandwiches with chocolate cookies ASAP!
Or at least before winter comes and no one craves ice cream anymore, that is.
Pfttt, naaaaa, the cold weather might make you skip the ice cream but you will definitely want to bake these scrumptious cookies and dip them into a cup of steaming hot chocolate, my dear!
Btw, I’ve loved making these cookies and turn them into ice-cream sandwiches.
Photographing them has been the funniest part!
It’s not like the dark chocolate ice cream was melting as fast as lightning and I just kept removing ice cream drops every other moment and licking my fingers all the time.
A very tasty shooting session, I tell ya.
And I was so glad when my sensitive sweetheart could finally taste one of them that night.
He just kept saying: oh my God these are so good, you should have made more, like, many more!
And just like me that afternoon, he kept licking his fingers eheh!
Seeing him happy of my free-from cooking experiments is probably the best part of it. And I’m so grateful.
Hopefully these cookies will make you and your loved ones happy too 🙂 I’d love to know!
Chocolate Cookies (+ Ice Cream Sandwich) | Gluten free * Vegan
- 100 gr gluten free brown rice flour
- 50 gr gluten free (potato) starch
- 2 tbsp gluten free unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp cream of tartar
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 70 gr margarine / vegan butter
- 2 tbsp water
- gluten free vegan dark chocolate chips
- vegan and gluten free ice cream of your choice
For the cookies
- Mix well all the dry ingredients first, then add the margarine/vegan butte and the water and start incorporating all the ingredients with the help of a spoon first, then start working the "dough" with your hands, until you get a uniform dough
- Shape the dough into a ball, cover it with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least an hour (or freeze for half an hour)
- Pre-heat the over at 180° C / 350 F
- Take the dough out of the freezer/refrigerator and devide it into 6 balls, then on a non-sticking (or covered with parchment paper) baking sheet gently push the dough balls to form 6 disks hald inch thick
- Add chocolate chips on top
- Bake for 20 minutes. Once out of the oven, LET THEM COOL DOWN before removing them, or they will break!
For the ice cream sandwiches
- For this recipe I had bought freshly made coconut and dark chocolate vegan ice cream, let it soften a bit, then spread it on a baking pan coverend with parchment paper, making a half inch thick layer (but you can definitely make a thicker layer)
- Put the ice cream back into the freezer for several hours
- To make the sandwiches, make sure the cookies have cooled down completely, then with the help of a round cookie cutter or simply a glass, cut circles into the ice cream, remove them from the pan and place them between two cookies
- Make them ahead of time and freeze them at least an hour before serving
- You can sub the cream of tartar + baking soda with 1.5 tsp of gluten free baking powder