Today I'm sharing with you a very easy gluten and yeast free focaccia bread topped with potatoes, onion, rosemary and (vegan) ricotta!
It is thick and soft inside, savory, tasty and crunchy on the outside!
I have used an homemade mix of gluten free flours, in particular brown rice and sorgum flours, that give this focaccia bread a rustic taste.
So keep scrolling for this easy and quick gluten free focaccia bread!
I hope you will enjoy it and don't forget to tag me on Instagram if you make any of my recipes, I just love seeing what you have been cooking and baking!
Onion and Potato Focaccia Bread | Gluten free * Yeast free
For the focaccia bread
- 200 gr gluten free brown rice flour
- 200 gr gluten free sorghum flour
- 100 gr gluten free potato starch
- 2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 400 gr lukewarm water
- 3 tablespoon olive oil (1 for the batter + 2 for greasing)
For the topping
- 1 medium potato
- 1 medium red onion
- fresh rosemary
- vegan or lactose-free ricotta
- Pre-heat the oven at 190 C° / 380 F°
- In a bowl mix well the rice and sorghum flour, the starch, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt
- Add the water and 1 tablespoon of olive oil to the dry ingredients and whisk thourougly until you have a smooth uniform batter
- With a mandoline slice thinly the potato and the onion
- Generously grease the baking pan with a couple tablespoons of olive oil and pour the focaccia bread batter onto the pan, spreading it evenly (the olive oil will probably cover the borders, it's totally fine, it will make the focaccia more crunchy)
- Top the batter with the sliced onion and potato, add some fresh rosemary, a drizzle of olive oil and a sprinkle of salt
- Bake for 25-30 minutes then add the ricotta on top and let it bake for another 5 minutes