I had been wanting to make a tasty, kinda naughty and definitely boozy dessert for a while and then I decided: gluten free chocolate hazelnut rum cupcakes.
I know it’s a mouthful, but just keep repeating it and it will become a mantra, a meditation even.
And you could do so while making them, which is super easy and gratifying.
With the same doses you can make a cake too, it surely is a great mix of flavours for some special *coughsexycough* occasion *wink wink*
I really hope you will make these gluten free vegan boozy cupcakes and I’d love to know what you think of them!
Choco-Hazelnut Rum Cupcakes | Gluten free * Vegan
- 3 tbsp ground flax seeds
- 100 gr gluten free hazelnut flour
- 100 gr gluten free brown rice flour
- 100 gr gluten free potato starch (or other gluten free starch)
- 80 gr brown sugar
- 2 tsp cream of tartar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 100 gr gluten/dairy free dark chocolate
- 250 gr gluten free, non dairy milk
- 20 gr seed oil
- 4 tbsp gluten free rum
- gluten/dairy free hazelnut chocolate spread
- hazelnut grain
- pre-heat your oven 180° C / 350 F
- mix the ground flax seeds with 10 tbsp of water and let it rest for 10 minutes, until it forms a gel-ish mixture
- in a bowl mix the dry ingredients: flours, starch, sugar, cream of tartar and baking soda
- add the non dairy milk, the rum and the seed oil and mix well
- melt the dark chocolate and add it to the batter
- carefully incorporate the flax seed mixture too, until you have a smooth batter
- pour the batter into the cupcake molds, almost up to the top of each mold (I got 10 cupcakes with these doses)
- bake the cupcakes for 20-30 minutes (check them with a toothpick after 20 minutes)
- once the cupcakes have cooled down, top them with chocolate hazelnut spread and the hazelnut grain