This easy, quick 5 ingredient limoncello creamy dessert will be an awesome way to close a meal during all the upcoming festive gatherings !
If you’ve been following me for a while, you may already know I’m very fond of anything citrus-y and even though, on the other hand, I’m not really fond of alcoholic drinks, I do really like the scent of limoncello and when there’s a family or friends gathering, I too enjoy sipping some limoncello. Which is usually followed by me starting to randomly giggle, but that’s another story.
Limoncello is a typical lemon-flavored Italian liqueur, that is usually sipped in small, cold glasses at the end of a (generally pretty hearty) meal. Basically to help you digest, that is. And it works!
So I thought I’d use the magic that cashews can work to create a limoncello-flavoured creamy dessert, in a vegan, gluten- and soy free version!
This creamy dessert can be served simply like this in a glass goblet maybe, to make it all fancy you know, topped with a tiny bit of grated zest of an organic lemon.
OR, this can be DEFINITELY used to fill or decorate cakes, cupcakes and such.
In fact, there will be something like this coming to the blog ASAP!
So let me know if you try this slightly boozy lemon cream and if you have used it in other desserts too!
5 Ingredient Limoncello Cream | Vegan * Gluten/Soy free
- 240 gr boiled/soaked cashews
- 160 gr gluten free rice milk
- 60 gr gluten free, vegan limoncello liqueur
- 2-3 tbsp lemon juice
- 40 gr agave syrup (or other sweetener)
- In a blender add all the ingredients and blend until it's smooth and creamy but pretty firm
- Adjust sweetness to taste and refrigerate a bit before serving
- Serve with a little bit of grated zest of an organic lemon on top