We can’t help it. Some times we just NEED a comforting food, especially after a bad day, or a bad week that is, running around, errands, work, arguments, ugh … and then you stop and you know you deserve a moment for yourself. And chocolate definitely is in my top 5 basic commodities to pamper myself. Raise your hand if you are like me in this!
And maybe it’s also cold and rainy outside… Well, my friend, this double chocolate, pear & rum tart is what you need. And it happens to be gluten free and vegan too. So everyone can be properly comforted 😉
I made this chocolate and pear tart one evening a while back when we had friends over for dinner, it actually had been a last minute idea and I was strongly hoping it would work and come out tasty. And thankfully it was a success, everybody loved it and couldn’t believe it was all gluten / dairy / egg free! Yasssss
Since then, my sweetheart asked me over and over to bake it again, so I obliged and decided I’d share the recipe with you too, OF COURSE.
As asual, I’ll be SO glad if you let me know if you try the recipe for this gluten free vegan chocolate and pear tart and what you think about it!
And don’t forget to tag me on Instragram @sweetsensistivefree so I can share your beautiful photos in my IG Stories!
Double Chocolate, Pear & Rum Tart | Gluten free * Vegan
- 100 gr gluten free almond flour
- 100 gr gluten free brown rice flour
- 100 gr gluten free potato (or other) starch
- 4 tsbp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 50 gr brown sugar
- pinch of salt
- 120 gr margarine (or vegan butter)
- rum (or other gluten free liqueur for desserts)
- vegan chocolate spread
- In a bowl mix well almond and brown rice flour, starch, cocoa powder, sugar and a pinch of salt
- Add the margarine (straight out from the fridge), two tbsp of rum and start mixing with a spoon. When you get big "crumbs" mix everything with your hand until you get a firm, uniform dough ball
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least one hour
- Slice the pears not too thin and let it rest for a while in a bowl covered in water and a couple tbsp of rum
- pre-heat the oven at 180° C / 350 F
- remove the tart crust dough from the plastic wrap and spread it directly onto the baking pan till its border
- Cover the tart crust with the chocolate spread, decorate with the pear slices and the chopped almonds
- Bake for 25-30 minutes and once ready let it cool down before slicing it