My full time job and Spring's typical weariness (oh and pollen allergy too, urghhh!) won this year too, so I haven't been able to post as much as I wanted to here on the blog, but I'll try to make up for this by sharing the recipe of these tasty, super easy and quick to make Strawberry Mini "Cheesecakes", which also happen to be gluten free, refined sugar free, vegan and raw!
Strawberries are in full season and oh how I love their bright red color standing out in the green of the farmer's market stalls, it cheers me up 🙂
I made this dessert into small bites, but you can definitely use the same doses to make a cake, using an 8 inch hinged release pan and decorating it how you like it!
Actually, if you have any precious advice on how to decorated desserts, please let me know, as I keep struggling with it ... *headwall*
So, keep scrolling down for the recipe and don't forget to tag me on Instagram if you make it!
Vegan Strawberry Mini "Cheesecakes" | Gluten free, Refined Sugar-free, Raw
For the base
- 80 gr peeled almonds
- 300 gr pitted dates
- 4 tablespoon coconut flour
For the strawberry filling
- 250 gr unsalted cashews
- 200 gr fresh strawberries
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoon coconut flour
- 2 tablespoon gluten free rice milk
- 1 tablespoon coconut / seed oil
- 1 tablespoon agave syrup (optional)
- more strawberries for the decoration
For the base
- In a food processor grind the almonds but not too thinly
- In the processor add the pitted dates (if they're particularly dry, soften them in warm water for 15 minutes) and the coconut flour until you have a uniform, solid "dough" that you can work with your hands
- Divide the dates dough into 10 parts and make an half inch thick base into cupcake molds. Silicone molds are the best option, otherwise if you have a metal one, place paper cupcakes cups in the molds so that you will remove them more easily
For the strawberry cream
- In a blender add cashews, strawberries, lemon juice, coconut flour, gluten free veg milk and the agave syrup (optional) and blend until you have a smooth cream
- Pour the cream over the date bases and decorate with more strawberries or anything you want
- Freeze for at least 2 hours and remove from freezer at least 30 minutes before serving!