These dairy free coconut & chocolate popsicles , inspired by the world famous Bounty bars (one of my all time favourite snacks btw), are SO easy to make and SO tasty, you will want to freeze and eat dozens of them!
As summer is definitely rolling in here in northern Italy, one just NEEDS to have something fresh, that stores easily and to keep on hand whenever you crave something sweet in these sunny, hot afternoons.
So one day I was strolling the grocery store aisles (yes, when I have time I literally take strolls in grocery stores, hunting for new ingredients and cooking inspiration … ) I saw the Alpro coconut yogurt and realized it had been a while since I had had some. Also, I love Alpro yogurts, I often use the almond one too (for instance in my quick “tiramisu” recipe) and it’s hands down one of my favourites.
And so I decided to experiment with these homemade popsicles which meet our need for dairy free options here at home and also happen to be one of those matches made in heaven: I mean, chocolate and coconut, seriously, need I say more?
So let me know if you give these popsicles a try (please do it!) and if like me you enjoy walking through the grocery stores aisles and actually find it kind of soothing too …!
Homemade Dairy free Bounty Popsicles
- 11,6 oz Dairy free coconut yogurt [330 gr]
- 1,4 oz Coconut flour (+ extra coconut flour for decoration) [40 gr]
- 7 oz Dairy free dark chocolate [200 gr]
- 1 tbsp Agave syrup (or more to taste)
- In a bowl mix the coconut yogurt, the coconut flour and the agave syrup (advice: taste the mix before adding the syrup and adjust the agave quantity to your liking)
- Pour the mix in the popsicle molds and freeze for at least 4 hours
- A few minutes before getting the popsicles out of the freezer, melt the chocolate in a double boiler (I used a lemon/ginger flavoured dark chocolate bar that I already had at home, but plain dark chocolate is perfect too)
- Remove the popsicles from the molds, cover them with the melted chocolate and sprinkle with coconut flour right away, or as chocolate will solidify very quickly on the frozen yogurt, the coconut flour won't stick
- Eat them right away or freeze them again and eat them within 3-4 weeks