- 160 gr / 5.6 oz cashews
- 30 gr / 1 oz veg milk
- 60 gr / 2 oz espresso coffee
- 1,5 tbsp icing sugar (or powdered brown/coconut sugar or other sweetener)
- 1/2 tsp coffee powder
- vanilla extract
Ready in: 15 minutes
A while ago I discovered the magic that cashews can work whenever you need to cook something creamy, but dairy-free.
So far I had only used them in savory recipes with my easy cashew cheese sauce, but the other other day I decided to experiment with a sweet recipe.
And since I love the scent and taste of coffee (even though I belong to the group of those who don’t deal well with caffeine, so it’s always decaf for me, le sigh) I thought well let’s give it a try!
And with some adjustment along the way I came up with this delicious dairy-free cappuccino cream which I definitely want to share with you. I mean not just the recipe, literally, I’d love to make a big bunch of this cream and just eat spoonfuls of it all together with you. Coffee cream parrrtyyy everyone!
But yeah, let’s get to business, shall we? Here’s how I made it:
- either boil for 15 minutes the cashews then drain and wash them (if you have a humble blender like I do) or use raw cashews (if you have a super powerful blender, like the ones I dream of at night)
- in a blender put cashews, veg milk, sugar, coffee and coffee powder and blend until it becomes a creamy spread
- add the vanilla extract according to the type you have (with mine, one drop is enough) and blend
- at this point adjust both the vanilla and the sugar to your taste, adding more if you want
I think this cream is just scrumptious on its own with a dusting of cocoa powder on top!
But soon I will be posting a recipe to enjoy it in an even better way, so stay tuned and in the meanwhile let me know if you’ve tried this coffee cream and how you liked it and if you have any advice too of course!
And if you want you can subscribe to my Instagram, Twitter and Facebook for all the updates 😉