- 500 gr potatoes (3 medium potatoes)
- veggies (1 zucchini, 1 carrot)
- salt and pepper
- olive oil
- vegan/lactose-free cheese
- glutenfree bread crumbs
Yup guys, it’s croquettes tiiime! Easy to make, they can save a last-minute dinner. They do that for me, pretty often that is. Besides, I love potatoes, baked, boiled, fried, roasted, mashed, they’re such a comfort, especially with the cold weather.
So, let’s get to business:
- slice the potatoes and steam them or microwave for 6-7 minutes at 600-700 watt (I’d advise against boiling them because they would retain too much water and make the croquettes soggy). then mash them into a bowl and let them cool down
- slice into small pieces the leek and the veggies you’ve picked, then sauté them with a couple tbsp of olive oil and salt&pepper to taste
- once they’ve softened a bit, add them to the mashed potatoes, add the vegan cheese (or lactose free standard cheese if you want/can) and more salt, spices or herbs to taste
- (oh, pre-heat the oven at 200° C / 390° F!)
- now mix all the above together, then start shaping your croquettes with your hands, 2-3 tablespoons at time and roll them in the glutenfree bread crumbs
- lay the croquettes on a non-sticking sheet-pan or covered in parchment paper and add a drizzle of olive oil on the croquettes (see picture below)
- now into the oven for at least 30 minutes, depending on your oven, and make sure to turn them over from time to time, so they can bake evenly on each side.
And that’s it, once they have a nice, crispy, golden crust they’re ready, I usually have them with a bowl of fresh green salad, but most definitely I love dipping them in some mayo or hot sauce. Bad, bad Sonia, you shouldn’t do it.
Yes, you so should.