Hello sweeties! How have you been doing?
I’m back on the blog with this gluten free, vegan soft cocoa and espresso cake, super easy and quick to bake, only few simple ingredients are needed, that most probably you already have at home now.
And what to say about the coffee scent that fills the kitchen when you get this cake out of the oven? Ah, pure heaven.
I had a few ideas about how to make this cake, different batters, different baking times, but eventually I opted for the easiest version, so that you can whip this gluten free cake together quickly and maybe have your kids helping with it too 😉
So, here’s how we make it:
- pre-heat the oven at 180° C / 350 F
- in a bowl add brown rice flour, starch, sugar, pinch of salt, baking soda + cream of tartar (or baking powder) and mix well
- to the same bowl add seed oil, yogurt, plantbased milk and espresso coffee and carefully incorporate all the ingredients
- devide the batter into two halves, add a tablespoon of cocoa powder to one of the halves and mix well
- in a greased/covered in parchment paper baking pan alternate spoons of the 2 batters, then use a toothpick or the tip of a knick to create the swirls in the batter
- bake for 25 minutes and let it cool down for 10 minutes before slicing it. Store it in an airtight cointainer … if your don’t devour it all right away, that is 😉
As you can see this gluten free cocoa espresso cake is super quick and super easy to make, in just a few minutes you will get a fragrant, comfortin gluten free dessert, perfect for your breakfast and afternoon break!
Let me know in the comments if you make it and if you have questions and don’t forget to tag me on Instagram when you will bake it!
200 gr gluten free brown rice flour
120 gr potato or other gluten free starch
70 gr brown sugar
1 tsp baking soda + 2 tsp cream of tartar
(can be replaced with 3 tsp of baking powder)
50 gr seed oil
125 gr plain dairy free yogurt
100 gr espresso coffee (liquid, not the powder)
50 gr gluten free plantbased milk
1 tbsp cocoa powder