These gluten free savory pancakes, made with green pea and amaranth flours, are the perfect last minute dinner idea!
The batter is ready in a few minutes and the pancakes cook just as quickly, so you will have your lunch or dinner ready in less than half an hour. Keep scrollingfor the recipe!
The green pea flour has been a very interesting discovery: it makes the batter very soft and tastes great too.
These gluten free savory pancakes are not only very tasty, but thanks to the green pea and amaranth flours they are very rich in proteins, fibers and minerals.
Let me know if you try them and don’t forget to tag me on Instagram if you make this or any of my recipes!
And if you are in the mood for an all pancake dinner, why not add these scrumptious gluten free vegan chocolate+coconut pancakes to the party 😉
Gluten free Vegan Savory Pancakes
- 70 gr gluten free green pea flour
- 30 gr gluten free amaranth flour
- 40 gr gluten free brown rice flour
- 70 gr gluten free potato starch (or othe gluten free starch)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp gluten free baking powder
- 160 gr gluten free plant based milk
- 10 gr seed oil
- a few chive leaves
- in a bowl add green pea flour, amaranth flour, rice flour, starch, salt and baking powder and mix well
- add the plant based milk and the seed oil and carefully incorporate all the ingredients until you have a uniform batter
- add the finely chopped chive (you can either cut it with a knife or scissor the chive directly into the bowl)
- heat a non sticking pan, grease slightly with seed oil and pour the batter a tablespoon at a time, slightly spreading it to create the pancake
- when bubbles start to form, flip the pancakes on the other side and let them cook for a couple minutes
- serve the pancakes topped with white yogurt, some chives and sliced cherry tomatoes