Through my boyfriend’s food allergies I’ve learnt that the very first thing you miss when you have to start living gluten free is everything bread, pasta … and the holy pizza of course.
When he was told he was gluten (and dairy, corn, egg …) sensitive, he basically had to give up on all the things he used to eat in his very busy working life, being always on the move and driving around a lot: slices of pizza, sandwiches, focaccia ..
Having a office job, I’m lucky enough to be able to take my own food into work, but I do realize not everyone can sit down at a table and have a (healthy) dish of pasta or rice, or a salad, for their lunch break. And things get trickier when you have food allergies too!
Especially when you have a job that keeps you out and about all day, or very little time for lunch break in general.
So after making gluten free bread buns to help you with quick lunches, I experimented with gluten free yeast free pizza crust too! And the risult has been SO awesome it now is a go-to last minute dinner too!
What I love about this gluten free yeast free pizza crust is that it is quick and easy to make, it’s crunchy on the outside and soft inside, it tastes great and slices perfectly! Moreover it is made with a homemade gluten free flour blend and few other ingredients!
You can top it with all the goodies you want, bake it and store it for your lunch break too!
OR, as the season is getting warmer and the time is perfect for weekend trips and hikes, you can definitely bring this gluten free yeast free pizza with you too!
I must confess that some (veeery rare) time I indulge into fries over pizza … I knooow, I know it’s SO bad! Something I hardly ever do, but when I do, it is pretty satisying and kinda comforting, honestly.
So now it’s your turn! What will you add on top of this gluten free pizza crust?!
Let me know in the comments and if you make this recipe, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram and I will share them in my stories! 😉
P.S. Should you suffer from yeast intolerance, here you can find my vegan gluten free yeast free bread too 😉
Gluten free Yeast free Pizza Crust
Doses for a 11 inch / 30 cm baking sheet
- 200 gr gluten free brown rice flour
- 50 gr gluten free potato starch (or othe gluten free starch)
- 1 tbsp gluten free ground flax seeds
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cream of tartar
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 200 gr lukewarm water
- Pre-heat the oven at 360 F / 180-190 C
- In a bowl mix well all the dry ingredients: flour, starch, flax seeds, salt, cream of tartar
- Add oil and water and mix well with a spoon. You will get a thick batter, no kneading needed
- Cover your baking pan with a piece of parchement paper and spread the batter evenly on top (if you want, you can leave the border slighlty "thicker")
- Right before going into the oven, cover the pizza base with tomato sauce and/or all the toppings you want
- Bake for 25-30 minutes (check the crust both under and the borders, making sure they get brown-ish but don't burn) and enjoy!