After making my sweet raisin fritters, my sweetheart and I decided we definitely had to make gluten free savoury herbs fritters too!
These fritters are yeast free, so simple and quick to whip together, the batter is ready in a bunch of minutes, just give it a moment to rest a bit and it’s ready to be fried!
Oh these are also dairy and egg free, so yup,vegan too.
Seriously, they’re good for everyone 😉
These gluten free savoury herbs fritters are just the perfect idea for an aperitif at home, we enjoy them with a good Aperol Spritz and a bunch of these chickpea sticks.
We don’t fry often, but now and then it’s good for the soul 😉
These fritters can not be baked, they have to be fried and served warm.
If any is left (and I underline IF), you can keep them in an airtight container and warm them up before eating them
If you make this recipe or have questions, leave me a comment down here!
And don’t forget to tag me on Instagram if you make this or any of my recipes! I absolutely LOVE to see what you make and share it in my stories!
Savoury Herbs Ball Fritters | Gluten free * Vegan
- 100 gr gluten free white rice flour
- 50 gr potato or other gluten free starch
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking powder (non flavored) *or 1 tsp cream of tartar + 1 tsp baking soda
- 100 gr unflavoured plant-based yogurt (best if soy)
- fresh herbs sage, rosemary, parsley, chives
- seed oil fro frying
- add the plant based yogurt and mix with a spoon until you get a semi-soft batter
- if dry ingredients don’t incorporate well with the yogurt, add a couple tbsp of water and mix again
- divide the batter into as many parts as the herbs you want to flavour them with
- finely slice a few leaves of your favorite herbs (parsley, sage, rosemary, chive etc) and add them to the batter(s)
- let rest for 15 minutes
- heat the seed oil over medium heat (it’s ready when you insert a toothpick and the oil makes tiny bubbles)
- fry the batter one teaspoon at a time (start with one small amount to check if the oil is at the right temperature: if the batter ball gets brown quickly, the oil is too hot)
- fry and flip the fritters around until they are nice and golden
- place them in a plate over kitchen paper
- once you’re finished frying, sprinkle them with salt and serve them still warm