Chocolate baked donuts that also taste like gingerbreads and are covered with dark chocolate and chopped almonds.
Need I say more? Ah, right, they’re totally gluten free and vegan too!
They are easy to whip together and are going to be ready in a little more than half an hour.
With these doses I got 10 donuts and as I couldn’t eat them all at once (I manage to listen to my conscience sometimes. Yes, life is unfair) I put them in a box and into the freezer.
Whenever I crave a gluten free chocolate donut I get one out of the freezer, microwave it and they are as soft and good as freshly out of the oven.
So, let me know what you think of this recipe and don’t forget to tag me on Instagram if you make them, I’m super curious to see how you decorate them!
Choco-Gingerbread Baked Donuts | Gluten free * Vegan
- 3 tbsp gluten free chickpea flour
- 200 gr gluten free brown rice flour
- 100 gr gluten free potato or other gluten free starch
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp cream of tartar
- 90 gr brown sugar
- 3 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1 tsp ginger powder
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg powder
- 250 gr gluten free plant based milk
- 50 gr seed oil
- dairy free dark chocolate
- chopped almonds
- Pre-heat the oven at 180° C - 350 F
- Mix the chichkpea flour with the water until there are no lumps
- In a bowl mix well all the dry ingredients
- Add the plant based milk and the seed oil and mix well
- Incorporate the chickpea mix to the batter
- Grease well the donut molds and pour the batter until you fully fill them
- Bake for 20-25 minutes
- Once out of the oven let the donuts cool down and remove them carefully from the molds
- Cover the donuts with melted dark chocolate, chopped almonds or anything you want