The other night we were in the mood for something sweet to munch on and quick to make, so I decided to bake a batch of my gluten free gingerbread cookies and by the time we had finished dinner, they were out of the oven, filling the house with their conmforting, spicy scent.
After dinner we had some sort of sugar rush, so we also grabbed a jar of jam and spread some on our gingerbreads (don’t judge … please ) and while munching on a cookie, in a very focused and absorbed way (so much so that I thought: looks like I baked cookies for meditation .. ) my sweetheart asks: could you bake a jam tart, using this same cookie dough?
I think about it for a sec. Well of course I could! And what’s the best jam to go with a spicy pie crust? Orange: it’s what comes to mind immediately.
I slightly modified the recipe for the cookies, but this gluten free, vegan gingerbread orange tart is just as easy and quick to bake!
You will want to share it with friends and family, chit chatting while sipping a hot cup of tea 😉
Let me know if you try it and don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @sweetsensitivefree to show me your creations!
Gluten / Dairy / Egg free Gingebread Orange Tart
- 80 gr gluten free buckwheat flour
- 80 gr gluten free almond flour
- 140 gr gluten free (potato) starch
- 30 gr brown sugar
- pinch of salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1 tsp ginger powder
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg powder
- grated zest of an orange
- 120 gr vegan butter or margarine
- 3 tbsp water
- 1 jar orange jam
- 1 more orange for decoration
- In a bowl mix well the dry ingredients first then add the margarine and the water and mix everything with a spoon at first, then with your hands until all the ingredients are well incorporated and dough is compact and uniform
- shape the dough into a ball, wrap it with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes
- pre-heat the oven at 320° F / 180 C
- grease a baking pan and put the dough into the pan (save some for the decoration if you want), spreading it out by pushing it with your hands and the help of a glass, leaving it half a inch taller on the sides
- fill the crust with the orange jam and decorate with orange slices and the remaining dough
- bake for 25-30 minutes and let it cool down before slicing it!