This gluten free vegan baked pasta pie is a scrumptious first course made with dairy free bechamel and a super simple lentil ragu!
To make this recipe I used gluten free paccheri from the Pastificio Irollo di Gragnano, an Italian factory that produces gluten free pasta made with mostly Italian flours, in so many different shapes and sizes!
Honestly? So rare when it comes to gluten free pasta, right?
Paccheri, with their shape, are perfect to welcome all the condiments and filling you prefer, being it a lentil ragu, a meat one or sauted vegetables.
And then just pour a lot of my gluten free vegan bechamel on top and it will make the dish so rich and creamy and … oh gosh now I’m hungry.
This gluten free vegan baked pasta is so easy and so tasty, it is perfect for a meal prep too!
Last time we made it we doubled the size and we had lunch or dinner ready for 3-4 days!
If you make this recipe or have questions, leave me a comment down here!
And don’t forget to tag me on Instagram if you make this or any of my recipes! I absolutely LOVE to see what you make and share it in my stories!
Creamy Baked Pasta Pie | Gluten free * Vegan
- 400 gr gluten free [short] pasta
For the lentil ragu
- ⅔ tablespoon olive oil
- half small onion, chopped
- a can of tomato sauce
- half can of cooked lentils or 3-4 tablespoon of red split lentils)
- salt, pepper, herbs, spices you like
For the bechamel [please check the post for direct link to the recipe]
- 40 gr margarine / vegan butter
- 50 gr potato or other gluten free starch
- 500 gr gluten free plant based milk
- nutmeg powder
- black pepper optional [optional]
- Add the oil and chopped onion to a sauce pan and let it brown
- add the tomato sauce, a glass of water, the lentils, salt, pepper, herbs and spices to your own taste
- let it simmer for 30 to 45 minutes and a little water if the sauce consumes too quickly in the meantime
- in the meantime cook the paccheri (or the gluten free past of your choice) for half the cooking time indicated on the package, you want the pasta to be very “al dente”
- drain the pasta, season with a little olive oil, mix and set aside
- make the gluten free vegan bechamel (find the recipe linked up in the post)
- pre-heat your oven at 180°C / 350 F
- cover the bottom of a baking pan (I used an 8 inch round one) with the ragu
- add the paccheri, “standing” one next to the other (or simply add the pasta of your choice)
- cover everything with the remaining of the ragu
- add all the bechamel on top and a sprinkle of chopped basil
- bake for 30 minutes or until the top of your pasta pie is nice and brown