These gluten free blueberry muffins are dairy free and vegan too, they are easy to make and oh so soft and scrumptious!
Gluten free blueberry muffins are perfect for your gluten free breakfast, they are easy to make and with this recipe you are also going to make them
- DAIRY FREE
- EGG FREE
- NUT FREE
- USING HOMEMADE GLUTEN FREE FLOUR BLEND
These gluten free vegan muffins are perfect not only for your breakfast, but they make a great afternoon treat too and can be a delicious gluten free and vegan dessert, served warm and paired with some nice vanilla icecream!
How to best line the molds to get tall muffins
The very first step to make tall and soft gluten free vegan lemon blueberry muffins is how you prepare the muffin liners!
If you are in a hurry you can simply grease the cupcake molds or use store-bought cupcake liners.
BUT, to get tall muffins you will need to cut parchment paper into 15x15cm or 6x6 inch ca. squares and push them inside the muffin molds, so that the muffins will have more room to rise.
Tips and Substitutions
I’ve only tested the recipe with this homemade blend of gluten free flours, but in my experience I can say you should be able to replace 100 gr of brown rice flour with almond flour to make almond flour blueberry muffins.
Buckwheat, millet, sorghum flour may make the muffins crumbly, while amaranth and quinoa will change the muffins taste
Yes, you can use corn, rice, arrow root and tapioca starch too.
Absolutely, I tested these muffins both fresh and froze berries and the result is great in both cases.
No problem, once you have filled the molds with the batter, add a generous teaspoon of jam to each muffin and bake immediately.
You can replace the margarine with lactose free butter, plant based milk with lactose free milk and the apple sauce with one egg.
You can replace the margarine with a plain seed oil or omit the fat part completely and simply add two more tablespoons of apple sauce (you will get a denser texture though)
You sure can by replacing the sugar with a couple more tablespoons of apple sauce and add one tablespoon rice flour.
If you make this recipe or have questions, leave me a comment down here! And a 5 star rating if you have loved it would help me grow the blog 😉
For all the updates, follow me on Facebook and Pinterest and tag me on Instagram if you make this or any of my recipes! I absolutely LOVE to see what you make and share it in my stories!
Looking for more gluten free vegan breakfast ideas? Check these out!
📖 Full Recipe
Vegan Gluten free Blueberry Muffins
- 2 bowls
- 1 whisk
- 1 spatula / spoon
- cupcake/muffin tin/molds
- parchment paper
- 100 gr gluten free brown rice flour
- 100 gr gluten free white rice flour
- 100 gr potato or other gluten free starch
- 40 gr (brown) sugar
- pinch of salt
- 3 teaspoon gluten free baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- grated zest of one organic lemon
- 50 gr melted margarine
- 170 gr gluten free plant based milk
- 2 tablespoon apple sauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 150 gr fresh blueberries
- Line the muffin molds as per instructions above
- Pre-heat the oven at 370 F / 190 C
- In a bowl combine sugar, melted margarine, milk, apple sauce, vanilla extract and mix well
- In another bowl combine rice flours, starch, salt, grated lemon zest, baking powder, baking soda and mix well
- Add the liquid part to the dry ingredients and mix everything using a spatula, carefully scraping the flour on the bottom of the bowl too: do not over-mix, stop when ingredients are just nicely combined
- Save a handulf of berries to add on top of the muffins and incorporate the remaining blueberries to the batter
- Divide the batter into the molds and add a couple fresh blueberries on top of each muffin
- Bake at 370 F / 190 C for 5 minutes then lower the temperature down to 340 F / 170 C and bake for 15-20 minutes or until the muffins are cooked inside (= toothpick comes out clean) and nice and golden on the top