This super easy quick vegan curry is brought to you ... by my boyfriend!
He came up with this recipe one night we had friends over for dinner and I've asked him to re-make it for me over and over again ever since, so I thought it was fair enough I'd share the recipe with you too, my friends.
It's gluten and coconut free, creamy, spicy, comforting and healthy too.
And it goes amazingly well with basmati or thai rice of course.
So keep scrolling for the recipe, we hope you will enjoy it as much as we do here!
It surely makes a great last minute dinner, I promise.
Easy and Quick Vegan Curry | Gluten free * Coconut free
- 1 head of cauliflower (or other vegetables of choice)
- 3 big potatoes
- 1 big white onion
- 4 tablespoon (sunflower) seed oil
- 6 tablespoon white wine
- ⅔ tablespoon curry mix powder (or start with less and add to taste)
- 1 liter rice (or other gluten free) milk
- 1 tablespoon gluten free rice flour
- salt to taste
- Dice the cauliflower (or other vegetable of choice), the potatoes and the onion into small pieces
- In a saucepan add the seed oil, heat it up a couple minutes then add the diced onion and let it cook for 3-4 minutes
- Add the white wine and let it cook at medium heat for another 3-4 minutes
- Add the cauliflower and the potatoes and thouroughly stir everything
- Add the curry powder and stir again
- Add all the veg milk, stir everything and let it simmer partly covered with a lid, at medium heat, for 35-40 minutes or until the veggies are cooked and the curry is creamy
- To make the curry even creamier, add 1 tablespoon of white rice flour and stir
- Add salt to taste and let the curry simmer another 5 minutes.
- While the curry is cooking, you can boil some basmati or thai rice to serve with the curry, or simply enjoy with some toasted bread!