This vegan curry is super easy to make, it's gluten and coconut free, creamy, spicy and comforting.
It will keep you warm and satisfied during the cold winter days and also makes a great meal prep recipe.
This super easy quick vegan curry is actually brought to you by my boyfriend. He whipped up with this recipe one night right before we had friends over for dinner and I've asked him to re-make it for me over and over again ever since, so I thought it was fair enough I'd share the recipe with you too, my friends.
To make this vegetarian curry you will need:
- cauliflower and white potatoes, but you can totally use other vegetables and sweet potatoes if you like
- white onion, you can replace with finely chopped leek or shallots
- sunflower oil, or also olive oil for a stronger flavor
- white wine to sautée the vegetables (you can skip it if you prefer)
- curry mix powder, start with a small amount and add as you go by tasting the curry to make sure you don't overdo with the spice
- rice, soy or other dairy free milk of your choice
- rice flour to make the curry thicker and creamy.
Here's how to make gluten free vegan curry creamy without coconut milk:
- sautèe di onion and add the chopped cauliflower and potatoes
- mix in the curry powder, add the plant based milk and let cook until the vegetables are tender
- add a tablespoon of rice flour and let cook another few minutes until creamy
- enjoy it with boiled or steamed basmati or thai rice!
If you make this recipe or have questions, leave me a comment down here! And a 5 star rating if you have loved it would help me grow the blog 😉
For all the updates, follow me on Facebook and Pinterest and tag me on Instagram if you make this or any of my recipes! I absolutely LOVE to see what you make and share it in my stories!
📖 Full Recipe
Easy and Quick Vegan Curry | Gluten free * Coconut free
- 1 head of cauliflower (or other vegetables of choice)
- 3 big potatoes
- 1 big white onion
- 4 tablespoon (sunflower) seed oil
- 6 tablespoon white wine
- ⅔ tablespoon curry mix powder (or start with less and add to taste)
- 1 liter rice (or other gluten free) milk
- 1 tablespoon gluten free rice flour
- salt to taste
- Dice the cauliflower (or other vegetable of choice), the potatoes and the onion into small pieces
- In a saucepan add the seed oil, heat it up a couple minutes then add the diced onion and let it cook for 3-4 minutes
- Add the white wine and let it cook at medium heat for another 3-4 minutes
- Add the cauliflower and the potatoes and thouroughly stir everything
- Add the curry powder and stir again
- Add all the veg milk, stir everything and let it simmer partly covered with a lid, at medium heat, for 35-40 minutes or until the veggies are cooked and the curry is creamy
- To make the curry even creamier, add 1 tablespoon of white rice flour and stir
- Add salt to taste and let the curry simmer another 5 minutes.
- While the curry is cooking, you can boil some basmati or thai rice to serve with the curry, or simply enjoy with some toasted bread!