- dairy-free dark chocolate
- orange jam
- chopped almonds
- ….. a LOT of will power while the chocolate is melting …
There’s few foods that comfort me like dark chocolate (or jam filled brioches … but that’s another story).
And when dark chocolate meets orange it reaches a whole new level of food awesomeness for my taste buds.
So I thought I’d make my own chocolates.
We start simply by melting chocolate in a bain-marie (as in, putting the chocolate in a small bowl over some simmering water) and in the meanwhile we get the molds ready. I put some paper cases into muffin molds, because that’s all I’ve got^^
Now. I knew these candies would come out super tasty. What I had not considered was the scent of chocolate filling the house and the amount of will power I would need not to eat the whole bowl of melted chocolate. So, you’re warned.
Anyway, once melted, you have to:
- put a layer of chocolate at the bottom of the molds
- refrigerate for 10 minutes
- add a small layer of orange jam over the first layer of chocolate, in the center
- add another layer of melted chocolate
- sprinkle some chopped almonds on top
- put in the freezer for 30 minutes
- devour them.
So that’s it. They make a great treat for yourselves when you’ve had a long, hard day. But also for your guests at the end of a dinner or lunch ^^
Let me know what you think of these 🙂
Bye for now, ciao!