As many of my recipes here, this gluten free vegan yogurt apricot cake was created because I had a few pretty apricots and some lemon soy yogurt that needed to be used. Fast.
So I quickly whipped it together and noted down doses and ingredients as I went, in case it actually worked. And it did! And it went way better than I thought!
I am honestly amazed by this cake, because besides being super tasty and not super sweet, it is sooo soft! Its texture feels like there's eggs in it, but there is not!
So keep scrolling for the recipe, as you will see this gluten free yogurt apricot cake calls for simple ingredients and little effort really!
Let me know if you bake it and don't forget to tag me on Instagram if you make and share any of my recipes!
P.S. Looking for another seasonal tasty dessert? Check out my easy gluten free vegan peach crumble, to top with ice-cream or yogurt!
Yogurt Apricot Bundt Cake | Gluten free * Vegan
- 200 gr gluten free brown rice flour
- 100 gr gluten free potato (or other gluten free) starch
- 2 teaspoon cream of tartart
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 70 gr brown sugar
- 100 gr dairy/gluten free milk
- 40 gr (sunflower) seed oil
- 130 gr lemon or vanilla soy yogurt
- 3-4 apricots
- vanilla extract (to taste)
- Pre-heat the oven at 180° C / 360 F
- Pit the apricots and cut them into small cubes
- In a bowl mix flour, starch, cream of tartar, baking soda and sugar
- In another bowl add yogurt, oil, veg milk and vanilla and whisk everything with an electric hand mixer for a minute
- Add the liquid ingredients to the dry ones and whisk thouroughly
- Just before baking the case, incorporate the apricot cubes into the batter using a spatula
- Oil the bundt baking pan and pour the cake batter into the pan
- Bake for 25 minutes ca. and let it cool completely before carefully removing it from the pan
- You can simply dust it with powdered sugar or you can add sugar icing and more apricot cubes on top (you can previously season them with lemon juice)