INGREDIENTS (2 servings)
- 3 tbsp cashew sauce (recipe here)
- 1 CUP basil tomato sauce
- ground cashews
- 180 gr glutenfree spaghetti
Ready in: 30-40 minutes
Hi everyone and (belated) Happy New Year!
Hope you had great holidays and an even greater start to the new year indeed!
I had a week off work (woot woot!) and took some time off the blog too because D., my sweetheart, was finally back in town after being away for quite a while due to work reasons, so I wanted to spend as much time together as possible.
But being more than lucky that he is also very supportive with my blogging, at one point during the holidays he had noticed I hadn’t dedicated myself to new blog posts, so I thought well alright, why won’t you help me with the creamy tomato pasta recipe?
And so this pasta and pics were made and taken at four hands just for you!
And us. Because it also meant we had lunch quickly ready that day. I’m all for maximizing time.
Speaking of which, let’s get started:
- get your water to a boil to cook your glutenfree pasta
- in the meanwhile grab a cup of pre-made basil tomato sauce or if you prefer quickly make your own: mix together tomato sauce, a clove of garlic, a tbsp of olive oil, salt and (dried) basil to taste and let it all simmer while the pasta is cooking
- prepare the cashew sauce (with raw cashews if you have a powerful blender, or previously boiled/soaked cashews if you own a humble blender like I do), recipe here
- once the tomato sauce is ready, add 3 tbsp of cashew sauce to it and stir
- mix the pasta and the sauce and serve adding some ground cashews on top (parmesan style)
I hope you will try this pasta and love it as much as we do here, it’s sooo creamy and even D. is always amazed by how the cashews sauce can replace the texture of dairy cream and soft cheese.
So, I’m curious to know what goodies you ate during the holidays! Anything yummy? Or have you seen others have yummy treats that you could not have because of food allergies? Let me know in the comments, I’m more than glad to experiment with allergen-free foods and try to give you a little piece of happiness 😉 !