- glutenfree pasta (here, more or less 180 gr – 3/4 CUP – 0.4 lb)
- (champignon) mushrooms
- half red onion
- clove of garlic or scallot
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- salt, pepper, other spices/herbs
- cashew sauce: recipe here
Ready in: 1 hour
Hello again my lovelies and welcome December!
Festivities are on their way and having a food-sensitive boyfriend and also reading comments all over the internet from many many people in his same situation, I have realized more and more how hard it is to enjoy a meal with family and friends, without being worried about the risk of allergic reactions and having to give up on eating something tasty too.
Because, tasty food is something sacred. Right? Can I get an amen?
Yeah, well so I came up with a couple ideas and in the following weeks I will be sharing three tasty, free-from dishes, 2 savory and one dessert, that you can enjoy during the upcoming festivities, but of course throughout the whole year too 😉
Today it’s time for a creaaamy baked pasta made with my cashew sauce (see link in the ingredients box). So let’s get our pans and oven going, shall we?
- Start by cooking your glutenfree pasta of choice (definitely short pasta, not spaghetti or similar) and leave it al dente. I used brown rice shells here
- Slice the broccoli, mushrooms (or other veggies you like), onion, garlic/shallot and sauté them with olive oil, salt, pepper and all herbs and spices you like.
- Pre-heat your oven at 200°C / 390°F.
- Once the pasta is ready and the veggies have softened, mix them in an oven pan, leaving out a couple spoons of the veggies for the topping.
- Now cover the pasta with the cashew sauce, add the veggies you kept aside and a sprinkle of sweet paprika on top.
- Then into the oven for a good 30-40 minutes, until it gets a nice color on top.
And enjoy! Trust me, you’re going to love this, right out of the oven, it’s creamy and tasty and gratifying and you won’t feel left out on the conviviality that comes with sharing a meal with our loved ones 😉
I’ll see you again next week with my second recipe for the free-from menu!